Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Living Canvas convention - Day 2

Well, things got a little mixed up, but that happens sometimes. I had resolved to be in the same class for the entire morning, to make sure I got a good seat for the Mark Reid's Class, which was the 3rd class. The first class was Carol Miner's Class on Flowers. Since it was a hands on class, I had the opportunity to show those around me, my  variation on the rose, and ended up doing a tutorial on it. On the second Class was supposed to be Gary Cole's 10 most popular, but they swapped the rooms with Gen Keller's color explosion. My legs were aching at this point, so I walked between the 2 classes, as I stretched out my legs, vonvienently getting the best of both classes. Then it was mark reid's turn for "Basic Mark" A great class over all, a bit on the loud side....I ended up walking around in the back to keep my legs from getting too tired.
After that class we had Lunch Break, so I went to room 3 to mark my spot for Christina' Davison's class. The amaizing Christina showed up too, so we Helped her arrainge her room to her liking(as well as making sure I had a great spot, then we all went off for food.  Christina's Class was my absolute favoritest of the entire convention. She showed us some great designs including a fairy design. I was the lucky model on that one. Pictured here with Christina. She also covered dragons, assemtrical designs, and fur/puppy, and tips for making things extra cute...and a bunch of other awesome stuff.
Following that I decided to do another Lisa Smiley class of "monsters and more". This time she was taking her time and doing more complicated faces, which featured more detail. Followed by Ellen Dawson's bring your character to life. Ellen spent the entire class on one design, and while it had different textures and stuff, I ended up being relatively bored.
After that class, I discovered Mark reid and Christina Davison were out in the courtyard painting a pregnant lady. Mark was doing the tummy, and Christina was doing the face. so I watched that for a while. amaizing what you can learn just by watching someone really good, even if there isn't a narrative going on. After that, Christina did a mask on another lady, and jest kept adding on, and on, and wow, she is like the queen of embellishment, and really seems to enjoy just the painting, almost like meditation...wow!
Then Christina and I skibbled off to dinner, we were going for Indian, but Ended up eating chinese. We skibbled back and got a bunch of jelous looks at our food. then the Jam started. It was better then Mondays jam. more people too. Dutch was cranky out some amaizingly detailed stuff. and marcellla was in the back doing uber Bling. There were even some 8 and 9 year olds doing painting, lots going on. I taught Christina how I do my roses. She then took it and Made it even more awesome, Christina just makes everything look more detailedand lifelike. I was also doing the rose tutorial for others. However it got late, so I wandered off to my room, which had locked me out, so I went back and found out my roomates had gotten new keys, and got the right one then headed back. I stopped by Christina's room because she was guarding my stuff while I was looking for the right key. Then went to bed, it was a great but exhausting day.

1 comment:

  1. That sounded like a week's worth of adventure. Exhausting, but fun. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete